Thursday, June 11, we participated in the Third Annual Beer Tasting and Celebrity BBQ Battle. Hosted at the Atlanta Event Center at Opera Nightclub, the event benefited the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation and Atlanta Legal Aid Society.
Jim ‘N Nicks BBQ Restaurant, Smokebelly BBQ, The Pig and the Pearl and Twin Smokers BBQ joined us in the barbecue contest and we’re very proud to say our bbq and executive chef Joey Stallings brought home the grand prize (check out our trophy in the photo).
Our barbecue’s gotten some more love lately, too. Zagat Atlanta named our wings among the city’s six best and Jezebel magazine highlighted our food truck as one of Atlanta’s “Best Mobile Eats.” We also brought home the first prize at Chomp and Stomp in 2011.
Coming up next, you can find us at the below events:
• Slow Food Atlanta Ice Cream Social – Saturday, June 20
• Decatur BBQ, Blues and Bluegrass Festival – Saturday, August 15
• Music Midtown – Friday, September 18 & Saturday, September 19
Swing by our restaurant at 656 North Highland Avenue for our upcoming on-site events:
• Father’s Day brunch – Sunday, June 21
• Pura Vida Throwback Thursday Pop-Up Dinner – Thursday, June 25
• $1, $2, $3 4th of July – Saturday, July 4